New Volunteer Opportunities for 2021
SIGN UP TO HELP OUT AT OUR KIDS’ BIKE PARTIES!
We will be giving away bikes to our community’s children this summer! For each of the days listed above, we will need numerous volunteers for setup, bike fitting, giving out helmets, and cleanup. (If you want to stay for the full day, just sign up for all three shifts.)
Setup Shift: 8:30a-9:30a, Set up tent, tables, banners. Stage bikes and helmets.
Event Help Shift: 9:30a-1p During the event, there will be a few stations for helmet and bike sizing. We’ll need help at each making sure families feel welcome and excited about getting a bike!
Cleanup Shift: 1p-2:30p Help after the event taking down tents and table, and moving bikes, helmets, and other supplies.
SIGN UP FOR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS
The Gear Hub is getting ready for summer, and as always, we will need help from our community. No matter your experience level working on bicycles, you can be involved! This season, our trusted volunteer leaders will guide newer folks on basics like disassembly, work on kids’ bikes, and prepping bikes to be refurbished.
- Work will be outdoors
- Please come prepared for the weather – be sure to check your email if it’s iffy outside, we will notify volunteers if the weather is too poor
- If you are a minor, we’ll ask that your parent or guardian accompanies you on your shift
- Be ready to get dirty!
- Please wear your mask and keep a safe distance from your fellow volunteers
How to Volunteer:
- Fill out Volunteer Application and Agreement
- Sign up for the Volunteer Newsletter to stay in touch
- Sign up for a time slot.
See you out there!
For further questions, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Cristy, at PGHvolunteers@campketcha.org