Love bikes? Learn how to fix them! VOLUNTEER!
It’s a new season and we have new volunteer opportunities for you to consider:
Join us to work collaboratively with staff and experienced volunteers to process, recycle and fix incoming bike donations! The bikes we fix contribute to the Bikes for All Mainers, Kids Bike Parties, and other programs. All sessions are open to beginners, and people of all skill levels.
Location: The fall & winter volunteer sessions take place at the Bike School located on 85 Anderson Street, Portland, Maine.
Time: Sessions are from 11am – 1pm, available monthly on:
- Every Thursday & Saturday
Activities: Volunteer activities change based on the season, see below for details:
- Spring, summer & early fall volunteers work outside in the volunteer patio at 155 Washington Ave, and either dissemble bikes to salvage parts or fix kids bikes, single speed coaster brake bikes, for Kids Bike Party programs.
- Late fall & winter, volunteers work with staff at the Bike School to fix bikes that will be given away in our Bikes for All Mainers Program. Each session will focus on a specific area or part of the bike, and together volunteers will learn how to assess and fix it.
- Special events: Thanks to everyone who participated in our collaborative events with the Kindling Collective this winter!
Logistics: Here is some info you need to know before you participate!
- You will be in the elements! Be ready to get dirty, wear closed toe shoes, bring a water bottle and stay hydrated.
- You may cancel your shift for any reason, but make sure to cancel it in the Calendly app as well so someone else can take your spot. Looking for the Calendly link? Check your shift confirmation email for details.
- Follow us on instagram @portlandgearhub + sign up for our weekly Newsletter to stay in touch
Sign Up To Volunteer: Before you sign up for your first shift, please fill out the following forms.
- First, fill out the Volunteer Application and Agreement.
- Second, sign up for a time slot using the link below. You don’t have to wait to have your application reviewed!
For folks 18 and under:
- If you are under 18 years of age, please have your legal parent/guardian complete this waiver
- If you are a minor under 16, please have your legal parent/guardian complete this waiver, and we’ll ask that your parent or guardian accompanies you to your shift.
· For ALL other questions, or troubleshooting please contact Arlo, the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com