Volunteer Opportunities during COVID19
The Gear Hub needs your help, and we’ve worked on some strategies to invite volunteers again while keeping everyone safe.
- Eradicating Knotweed! We have large and small garden clippers and a weed burner to provide. Any other tools you bring from home are a great bonus!
- Building Kids Bikes for Programs (SS/ Coaster brake) – We need help with our kids bikes! These are our “single speed with coaster brake” types – simple, but experience working on bikes is needed. We’re hoping to build 60 by the end of July 2020, so we can redistribute working bikes to kids who need them!
- Bike Recycling / Disassembly – Some of our donations need to be taken apart to be used as individual components.
- All volunteer shifts and activities are going to be outside to minimize the risk of spreading the coronavirus.
- If you have a member of your household/family that wants to come work with you, they’re welcome as well!
- Shifts are 90 minutes each
- Bring your mask!
- We will have a designated work stand and toolkit for you to use outside, along with disposable gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Volunteer projects are self-directed right now – please only sign up for projects requiring mechanical knowledge if you are comfortable working on bikes independently!
How It Works:
- Follow this link to a calendar with available shifts: SIGN UP HERE
- Pick your favorite time to come in!
- There will be a text box for you to type a few notes in. If you’re interested in a particular project, please write it there.
- If you have to cancel, no worries – there is a link in your confirmation email that will allow you to do this quickly and easily, but please let us know!
- If you can’t get a time slot you want, keep checking back!
Sign up for our Volunteer Newsletter to learn about updates and opportunities.
For further questions, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Cristy, at firstname.lastname@example.org