New Volunteer Opportunities for 2021
CELEBRATE EARTH DAY WITH THE GEAR HUB AND CAMP KETCHA!
Our parent organization, Camp Ketcha, needs our help! Gather up your friends and family for an afternoon outside tidying up winter’s windblown mess and stray bike parts that have escaped into the fields and forests. The work party will be held April 25th, from 11a-3p. There will be parking at camp, as well as access to bathrooms and water.
- Camp Ketcha is at 336 Black Point Rd, Scarborough, ME 04074
- Please bring your own water bottle, snacks or lunches, and work gloves.
- Work will be all outdoors, dress accordingly!
SIGN UP FOR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS
The Gear Hub is getting ready for summer, and as always, we will need help from our community. No matter your experience level working on bicycles, you can be involved! This season, our trusted volunteer leaders will guide newer folks on basics like disassembly, work on kids’ bikes, and prepping bikes to be refurbished.
- Work will be outdoors
- Please come prepared for the weather – be sure to check your email if it’s iffy outside, we will notify volunteers if the weather is too poor
- If you are a minor, we’ll ask that your parent or guardian accompanies you on your shift
- Be ready to get dirty!
- Please wear your mask and keep a safe distance from your fellow volunteers
How to Volunteer:
- Fill out Volunteer Application and Agreement
- Sign up for a time slot (almost ready!!)
- Sign up for the Volunteer Newsletter to stay in touch
For further questions, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Cristy, at PGHvolunteers@campketcha.org