The Portland Gear Hub is now accepting consignment of select outdoor gear to continue our mission of increasing access to the outdoors and quality used equipment.
Interested in consigning? Follow the steps below from home or at the shop.
- View our full consignment policy.
- Register as a Consignor in our system
- Complete an item intake form for each item
- Bring your item(s) into the Portland Gear Hub at 155 Washington Ave. during regular open hours. We’ll review item condition and pricing with you to determine eligibility.
Camping equipment is accepted year-round. Winter equipment is accepted October 1 – February 1.
*Items may or may not be accepted based quality, condition, and available space in the store.
- Please bring in photos of the tent fully set-up. Must include all pieces!
- Outdoor Apparel – upper layers
- Bottom layers: we only accept “over-pants” such as rain or snow pants
- We do not accept bike shorts, bibs, or regular shorts or pants
- Sleeping Pads – no holes
- Sleeping Bags – washed and clean
- Backpacking Stoves
- Must be functional and recently tested.
- We will not accept reusable fuel canisters with fuel inside.
- Mess Kits and Camp Cookware
- Headlamps – must be functional with working batteries
- Climbing Shoes and chalk bags
- Outdoor Footwear – such as hiking boots, not running sneakers
- Panniers and bikepacking frame bags
Winter Consignment is Accepted Annually Oct. 15 – Feb. 1
- Winter snow sport equipment
- Nordic (XC) Skis, boots and poles
- Telemark Skis / 3- Pin Skis ONLY from the last 10 years. Anything older than 10 years we will only accept as donation.
- Winter Apparel
Items Not Accepted for Consignment
- Helmets of any kind
- 3 Pin XC Skis *Donation Only* (Unless it’s new within 10 years)
- Alpine (Downhill) Ski equipment
- Ice Skates
- Bicycles and Bike components *Donation Only*
- Bike apparel *Donation Only*
- Running sneakers, flip flops
- Life Jackets / Personal Floatation Devices
- Non-outdoor related apparel
- Long Underwear and undergarments
- Bathing Suits
- Pants or shorts (with the exception of rain or snow pants)
- Roof racks and roof rack fit kits