New for 2019 – The Portland Gear Hub has a fleet of Surly Wednesday fat tire mountain bikes available for rental to individuals and groups!
Daily Rentals: $35 per bike per day (24 hours).
- All Saturday rentals are charged an extra day for Sunday unless returned the same day.
- All Friday rentals must be returned by 3:30 PM on Saturday otherwise, they will be charged for Saturday and Sunday.
Weekly Rentals: $225 for 7 days
Nonprofit Discount Rate: $15 per bike per day (24 hours)
- To qualify, the group leader or instructor takes a free info session with a PGH mechanic
- Nonprofit groups should contact us in advance to reserve. Minimum of 2 bikes makes a group!
- Individuals joining on a Gear Hub led group ride are eligible for $15 rate
- Same terms for Saturday and Sunday rates apply
Free Community Demo Days
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to find upcoming events for free test rides!
- Meet us at a trail head
- Ride at Camp Ketcha
- Follow @portlandgearhub on Facebook and Instagram, or our newsletter and website
10 Surly Wednesday Fat Bikes
XS (2), Small (3), Medium (3), and Large (2)
View Surly’s sizing chart or ask a Gear Hub mechanic for the right size for you.
XS fits riders 5’0” – 5’5” // Small fits riders 5’4” – 5’8” // Medium fits riders 5’7” – 6’0” // Large fits riders 5’11” – 6’3”
Call the Gear Hub at 761-7632 to check availability of sizing and dates. Reservations can be made in advance over the phone or in the shop.
Always wear a helmet while riding a bike. Be sure to have your own ready. We have helmets for sale, but not for rent.
Optional add-on, $5: Saddle bag with tire levers, a spare tube, 5mm allen key, and pump.
Nonprofit group: All leaders must rent 1 saddle bag kit at $5
Ask us for local trail recommendations and conditions! We also carry free MTB trail maps of Greater Portland and Southern Maine in the shop courtesy of Wending Way Maps.