Fat Bike Rentals!
The Portland Gear Hub has a fleet of Surly Wednesday fat tire mountain bikes available for rental to individuals and groups!
Daily Rentals: $35 per bike per day (24 hours).
- All Saturday rentals are charged an extra day for Sunday unless returned the same day.
- All Friday rentals must be returned by 3:30 PM on Saturday otherwise, they will be charged for Saturday and Sunday.
Weekly Rentals: $225 for 7 days
Nonprofit Discount Rate: $15 per bike per day (24 hours)
- To qualify, the group leader or instructor takes a free info session with a PGH mechanic
- Nonprofit groups should contact us in advance to reserve. Minimum of 2 bikes makes a group!
- Individuals joining on a Gear Hub led group ride are eligible for $15 rate
Call the Gear Hub at 761-7632 to check availability of sizing and dates. Reservations can be made in advance over the phone or in the shop.
Always wear a helmet while riding a bike. Be sure to have your own ready. We have helmets for sale, but not for rent.
Optional add-on, $5: Saddle bag with tire levers, a spare tube, 5mm allen key, and pump.
Nonprofit group: All leaders must rent 1 saddle bag kit at $5
Ask us for local trail recommendations and conditions! We also carry MTB trail maps of Greater Portland and Southern Maine in the shop made by Wending Way Maps.
Lights for Night Adventures!
New for Winter ’19/’20, the Gear Hub now has a fleet of awesome lights from Light & Motion for rent!
Only $10 for 48hrs, these bright lights will extend your outdoor adventure time now that the darkness has descended upon us…
We’ve got great models for MTB’ing, xc skiing, commuting, trail running, & hiking.
Oh, and you can buy these models new from us as well, and rental fees can be applied towards your purchase of a new light*
Call the Gear Hub at (207) 761-7632 to check availability. Reservations can be made in advance over the phone or in the shop.